I look forward to coming to Play4Agile NA for the following reasons:
- I enjoy un-conferences where I bring my passion and ideas; and own the responsibility for my own learning. I attended my 1st un-conference, Agile Open Toronto in April 2010 and have been hooked ever since. For an introvert like myself, it has opened me up as a person.
- It is a safe place where I get to connect with existing connections and I get to make new connections. The conversations I have with the other participants are real, natural and authentic. For an introvert like myself, I have the courage to share my vulnerability, as I am able to speak up freely and let myself be seen. I am grateful to be part of a community that supports me and helps me to have the courage to freely share the whole me.
- At Scrum Gathering Las Vegas in 2013, I experienced Agile Super Powers and discovered my purpose in life is playfulness. I inherently knew play as a child and somewhere along the line, I lost my sense of play. In 2014, I took Brene’s Brown’s virtual course, based on her book, “Gifts of Imperfections”, where I learned about Stuart Brown’s 7 properties of play:
- apparently purposeless
- voluntary – free will, not a “to do”
- inherent attraction – “delights the soul”
- freedom from time – “No deadlines”, “Be present”
- diminished consciousness of self – “I am free to be me”
- improvisational potential – “spontaneous”, “”play hooky”, “yes and …”
- continuation desire – “I don’t want to stop”
Since then I have given myself permission to play because when I play, I am joyful and it naturally brings out the best in myself and in others with whom I play. Play brings out my creativity and the creativity of others, which combined together co-creates magic.
- There is an element of serendipity that exist at un-conferences like Play4Agile NA, which I have learned to embrace. Each un-conference is unique and I have learned and experienced something new at each un-conference, which has enrichened me as a person.
- I get the opportunity to get out of my element and have fun!
Un-conferences are magical “you have to be there” experiences and combining it with play makes it a totally awesome “you don’t want to miss” experience! Why not come to Play4Agile NA and see if the above rings true for you as well?